A few comments about the checklist that might help its users:
- All bee species known from the checklist area are listed here including the country where they have been recorded from.
- Sub-species, including putatively valid ones, are listed as "other names" of the respective species along with synonyms.
- Nomenclature on generic and sub-generic levels usually follows Michener (2007): The bees of the world. Baltimore.
- The geographical terms „Yugoslavia“ and „Caucasus“ are used in the checklist to make faunistic information available that could not be clearly assigned to a certain country.
- Bees of the islands of Corsica, Madeira, Canary Islands, Sardinia, Sicily, Crete and Socotra are listed as a part of the fauna of the country where the island belongs to even when they are endemic to an island and do not occur on the mainland.